Monday, October 30, 2006

Finished Bag!

So last may I bought some scrumtious red yarn that I figured I would make into a bag - but I discovered that it was totally angry with knitting needles. I had two skeins of it (Yarn Bee : Suede, in Cherry?), so I figured why not crochet it instead. I started working on it - and inadvertently got a picture of it when I was taking pictures of my amazing crossed off thesis and 8 other papers checklist - see! crochet!



I finished the actual BAG knitting over the summer - went quite quickly really. The handle, however, was only 7 stitches wide. 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-turn, lather, rinse, repeat. ad nauseum. so that took awhile. Then when I got that done, I went and bought some really yummy chocolate colored suede and made the lining (sandwiched the crochet, machine sew, turn inside out - so it's really a double lining of the suede for strength. This was a good idea on the bag, and a royal PITA to turn on the handle. hence the roundness of the handle). Sewed on some buttons and a pocket inside, and presto! new bag!





No comments: