Monday, October 16, 2006

rainy mondays

Sometimes the rain makes you just want to stay in bed. Now granted, this morning I wanted to stay in bed, but I have discovered something. Rain, when hitting my airconditioner (the window box type, right above my bed) sounds rather more like marbles hitting a metal box. Meaning that as of 7am, I was awake.

But since I dont have class today, I got to snooze until about 8:30, and get up and get stuff done. Cleaning, a bit of organizing, worked on the SCA website, paid bills, practiced, and it's now 11:00 and I can settle in to read and do homework until my lesson later. I'm not sure what it is about a cool, rainy fall morning, but I'm always more productive on those days. The forecast seems to suggest we have another hour or two of rain, and I will be sad to see it go. especially since it's supposed to be 90 degrees again tomorrow.

Also, being that it is Mid-October, I have busted out the Halloween socks. I have always loved Halloween, and I love to wear crazy socks, so it's the perfect occasion. (wearing silly socks is a way to make myself smile even when I have to be dressed and presentable looking for class. things get boring/bad, and I can look down at my bright orange socks with pumpkins on them, or little purple bats, and smile to myself) I have 5 pair, so almost a whole week's worth! Socks!

I also finally made my fall wreath, except that I can't put it up on my outside door, because I'm afraid someone will make off with it. So it's currently hanging on my bedroom door over my calendar. Same with carving a pumpkin. Not that I live in an unsafe place, but things like pumpkins (especially) are too easy for crazy half-drunk morons to pick up and bust all over the street.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

ah ok - I wasn't sure at the time (: I'll fix that!