Monday, June 18, 2007

The Orange Monstrosity

So I went to Michaels this morning to kill some time (anyone else think of The Phantom Tollbooth every time they say that?) and grab some more paintbrushes for scribal stuff. And I noticed there was a bag on sale, for about 60% off. It was called the "Knitters tote" and was rather nicely packaged. I grabbed it and carried it around with me, contemplating, and grabbing some Royal mercerized cotton in the process (i want to try a new lace pattern... aka I'm gonna make a dishcloth).

I sprung for it.





as you can see... it's quite large. It is 15'' tall by 14'' long, the base is 5'' on the inside, plus the huge skein pockets. It has pockets everywhere. the exterior project pockets will fit several skeins of yarn (I have two sockotta skeins in one pocket, easily, and about 5 balls of Kathmandu Aran smushed into another) and have grommets going to the inside of the bag so you can feed the yarn through. Right now I have to projects on the needles so they're not fed through, but you can see the grey Kathmandu Aran for my lacy throw in the above picture.

Pockets!


there are at least this many pockets over again on the other side. The scissor pocket is particularly well made and lined with double canvas - since scissors are pointy, you know.

Six skein pockets are on the outside (3 on each side) as well as a small pocket on the outside of the main compartment:


On the needles: green Hedera sock; dove grey Kathmandu lacy shawl; and future dishcloth.



Not on the needles yet: Regia Silk for Clessidra cabled knee socks; Sockotta "fawn" variegated sock yarn; Regia Classic Cashmere - two balls. not sure for what yet. :D

It's huge. It's orange (I hope nobody assumes I'm from UTexas!) and I now, for the first time, have all of my active knitting (plus a few extra needles and such) in ONE PLACE. ONE! I have yarn in the closet, and some yarn in the living room. And knitting books on the shelf. But the knitting I need - everything I could possibly want for making one of my current projects is all there, in the Orange Monster.

(No, I've not shown Karl yet >.>)

No comments: