Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Finally!

I got in to Ravelry today! Find me there as sentineledfirs. I spent way too much time there this afternoon, joined a pile of groups, and found about 15 things that I want to knit. rightnow.

But I'm still working away at the Luna Moth shawl for my grandmother, so that's going to take up my knitting time for now (and my housework time, it seems >.>) I've finished three and a half repeats of the four and a half that I"m going to do (I think - I may do 5 and a half... still not really sure on that one), and it's moving along well, but as with most triangular lace shawls, the longer you work, the longer the rows, the more slogging it takes to keep going. I'm doing the shawl in the yarn that that particular pattern also used, but in the colorway "Atlantic Mist" - it's a grey blue, with iridescent green and purple tones in it. Gorgeous, and soft.



I don't have any good pictures of the knitting itself so far, but I'll take some when it's finished. Of course, even in worsted weight, it looks like a rumply tangled mess of nothing, so it's not really all that much to look at.

I also still need to finish those Hedera socks... I'm turning the heel on the first one, but I can't seem to get into them right now. Probably shawl fever and a serious case of startitis. That and my love of bags are conspiring against me. Though I do have some of the wool left from finishing the Cozy throw, so I have to find *something* to do with that, right?

No comments: