Wednesday, August 30, 2006

More on the Leaking...

The maintenance guy showed up at my apartment at 1am last night to see about the ceiling. (which was still dripping in two places) He took a knife, punctured my soggy ceiling, and about a quart of water came out. It was ooky. So he went up and banged on the door of the apartment upstairs - but nobody was there. He left me with a (very very dirty) bucket and told me they'd be out to fix it this morning.

Still haven't seen anyone, and the ceiling is still dripping (and water comes streaming through the knife whole when the guy upstairs runs the shower). I called the office, and they said "we'll call you back when the maintenance guys get back from lunch" - still no phone call. *sighs* Using the toilet is something like dancing with a bucket (and trying not to get dirt and grime all over me)

Oh well - in any case, I dont think my ceiling is going to collapse.

Amusing thought of the day, from The Tudors: A Very Short Introduction by John Guy: on Henry VIII: His character was fascinating, threatening, and sometimes morbid. His egoism, self-righteousness, and capacity to brood sprang from the fusion of an able but second-rate mind with what looks suspiciously like an inferiority complex.

No comments: