Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Just the average Tuesday, right?

Weekend #1 of the semester down - 15 left to go!

So I woke up this morning, went into the bathroom, and stepped in a puddle. This should've been clue #1 that today would be not so fun. Said puddle had no obvious cause - I think I got dripped on once, but it wasn't an active drip. So I took a shower and went to class. Class proceeded as normal, with the addition of a splitting headache about noon. Choir was, as usual, both fun and frustrating.

Get back for lunch, go back to class, go to Tai Chi... apparently i get to learn how to walk again. My knees/ankles are acting up, particularly the one that got rebuilt. And my teacher was watching today and apparently I have all kinds of borked alignment issues. So I'm re-learning how to walk. This means that my right knee and ankle, along with my calf muscles and the arch of my foot are in a constant state of dull throbbish pain right now. They are angry - they like my gimpy walk with one foot turned half sideways. ((you'd think after 4 years of Shotokan I'd have gotten over that))

So anyway, I go home, eat an apple and some cheese (aka dinner), and sit down to study. Not going into the WoW thing tonight, because it will just make me more mad about it, but needless to say I didn't do much playing tonight, even though I don't really need to do any studying today. Got up to go to the bathroom...

And noticed that the ceiling is leaking. In two places. And that the sheetrock is slightly discoloured and bulging over my toilet and tub. I cannot pee without being dripped on. So I call the maintenance people (woman at the answering service was RUDE!!!) and we'll see what happens. I really don't need people digging up my bathroom right now.

Two good things though:
1- this means they might actually fix my shower drain (which currently drains so well that after my normal 8 minute shower I'm standing in 6'' of water)
2- the Air Conditioner is so loud I can't hear the water dripping into the tupperware.

No comments: