Wednesday, August 23, 2006

(part 2)

Second half of the day - tiring. My back was bothering me from carrying books again. I'm going to have to get used to that. Most of my walking this summer was done without weight!

Musical Theater is going to be an... interesting class. Very free form, lots of listening and individual presentation. There are only 7 of us in the class, and it's a team taught class; lots of professor attention (and VERY conspicuous absence - even though I dont really skip class). Should be fun though.

Tai Chi will be a great way to end the day though. It was good to see Ruby again - he was totally flabbergasted to see me. Somehow he'd thought I'd graduated with the rest of them last May. I'm glad I get to finally take his class. I've taken dance from him for 4 years and always promised to take the tai chi class, but it never fit into my schedule. I have to find my Gi pants though, as they'll be perfect for the "dress requirement" of loose fitting, non constricting clothing.

Spent last night at Lady Prudence's working on SCA name stuff. She has the Ansteorran heraldic library at her house, so I went book diving. Sadly, all the stuff they have starts at the late 12th century, and I want an 11th century name (preferrably with the Old English spelling). She suggested that I find one I like, and then just use a feature byname - like " Brown Eyed" or something. I actually kind of like the idea, as it'd be translated into Old English by a Herald-Who-Knows-More-About-Such-Things (tm). The name I've found that I like best so far is Aelfswyþe. It's a 10th-11th century name, English spelling. Nicknames to Ellie (the nickname that I've used for my SCA persona) easily. Only problem is it's an A-name (as opposed to a name that starts with R), and there are TONS of A-names. So I'll dig through the online sources some more and see what I can find.

No comments: