Tuesday, September 19, 2006

In which I do something incredibly stupid...

So... as sheepish as I am to admit this...

Last week I had a bank transfer go through that I'd forgotten about. This part is fine.

The fact that I then went to the grocery store to pick up odds and ends, and bought a sandwich at subway is the not fine part.

So I overdrew my bank account by $12 for those two transactions. No big deal... except that immediately after, Blizzard charged me for my three month payment, AND the bank socked me with $35 for each of the overdraws... so things have snowballed.

Blizzard got the bounce and cancelled my account (pending reactivation with a new credit card) - which i can't reopen until the deposits I made today post to the account. Which fortunately, was this morning sometime.

((normally I don't forget things like this. ))

And yes - i realize I"m not the first (or last) person to overdraw a checking account. But it's the first (and last!!! dammit!) time I've ever done it. no more of this! I call shennanigans!

P.S.: posting to Live Journal today... I'm editing my Captain's Log - YARR!!!
Today is international talk like a pirate day! http://www.talklikeapirateday.com/wordpress/ and http://www.talklikeapirate.com/
AVAST YE SWABS!

P.P.S.: Yesterday, in the history of LotR - Frodo and the gang ran into Bombadil. I would have worn a blue hat, if I had one.

No comments: