Monday, September 18, 2006

End of the bathroom saga, and more!

So... they did fix the ceiling. And they did come and re-sheetrock it the next day. And they even sent in the housekeeping team and lemony-freshed the place so it didn't reek of mildew and sheetrock and have smears of plaster all over. Yay! I can use my loo again!! ((can't get in the mailbox because the key is busted, but eh... one thing at a time!))

Of course... I was on antibiotics during that time for the cough I'd had for three weeks or so. And I started getting REALLY sick about the time they were done. So after 5 days of eating practically nothing, and almost constant GI pain... I went to the hospital. The antibiotics caused a toxic bacterial bloom in my GI system. So I'm on MORE antibiotics, and anti-spasmodics, and just generally sick of taking medicine. I think I've lost a few pounds, seeing as I went nearly a whole week without being able to eat anything (and not processing anything that I did eat), but heck - not my idea of a good diet. bleh!

In better news... I've been walking to class, and doing T'ai Chi - and the Miles to Rivendell are adding up! I broke 200 miles! I'm not actively walking "for exercise" but I get in about 2.5 miles every Tuesday and Thursday (an hour and a half of T'ai Chi, plus about a mile and a half - at least - of walking to and from class across campus) - and it's adding up! I need to start busting my butt and really walking again, though. The 'bear trail' (2.25 mile walking/jogging trail around campus) is right outside my apartment - time to start doing two laps on Monday and Wednesday!

No comments: